February 18, 2018
The first blog entry of our blog that is not called blog. We are calling it: Our Notes.
At first we didn’t want to have a blog or journal section on the site, but we feel that there is so much happening in our overlanding life that it would be a waste not to share it. We are also trying to show where and how we gain tremendous amount of experience in this niche called ‘overlanding’.
At the time of writing we are sitting on a 48 hour long ferry ride from Tangier-Med, Morocco, to Genova, Italy on our way back home. We have just done a 5 weeks long trip to Africa of which we will going to share daily diary-type notes in a chronological order, as well as feelings, experience, stories, but most importantly tips and useful information for folks who are planning an overland trip to this part of the world. We are travelling extensively so may not be able to have internet access too often. However, with every entry in the ‘Our Notes’ section, we will be indicating the exact date of the story, so the post date and the actual date of the journal content will differ.
Planned contents are:
– African adventure from early 2018
– Scandinavian trip 2017
– Various trips in Europe 2017 – Slovenia, Hungary to The Ukraine
– London To Mongolia, the Mongolia Charity Rally 2014
– Our Rig – modifications, equipment we use
– Stories and Interviews
– Our next adventure, the overland trip from Europe to Singapore through China
– Our planning process and the progress with our preparation for our next trip: route planning, visa application process, vehicle preparation and potential modifications